As a certified nursing assistant (CNA), you may diligently care for your patients, but how well do you care for your own resume? To be a successful candidate for nursing assistant jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
For ideas on how you can demonstrate your nursing skills and dedication to quality care, check out this sample resume for an experienced CNA that Isaacs created below. You can also download the certified nursing assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Reliable, service-focused nursing professional with excellent patient-care and charting skills gained through five years of experience as a CNA. Compassionate and technically skilled in attending to patients in diverse healthcare settings. BLS and CPR certified (current).
ABC STAFFING COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2012 to Present
- Provide high-quality patient care as an in-demand per-diem CNA within surgical, acute-care, rehabilitation, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserve patient dignity and minimize discomfort while carrying out duties such as bedpan changes, diapering, emptying drainage bags and bathing.
- Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
DEF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2010 to 2012
- Provided nursing assistance to residents in a 120-bed long-term-care facility.
- Assisted residents with activities of daily living including helping with meals, transferring using assistive devices, bathing, dressing and grooming.
GHI HOSPITAL, Sometown, CT
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to 2010
- Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
- Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
- Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
ABC School, Sometown, CT
Nurse’s Aide Program
- Completed 60 hours of clinical training
Get your nursing resume seen
Nursing is expected to grow more than 10% in the next eight years, which is great news. But the market is competitive, so you need to get your resume as much exposure as possible. Could you use a hand getting it noticed? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five resumes—each tailored to the different kinds of nursing jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Your resume can get you a job sooner than you think.
- Patient Care & Safety
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Terminology
- Electronic Medical Records
- Vital Signs & Patient Monitoring
- Medication Administration
- Privacy / HIPAA Regulations
- Patient Advocacy and Support
Nursing Assistant Cover Letter
Nursing Assistants help patients with personal hygiene and daily living. Based on our collection of Nursing Assistant resumes, typical work activities for this position include: helping with grooming, assisting patients to the bathroom, serving meals, monitoring patient condition, checking vital signs, administering medicine, answering to patient calls, reporting to nursing supervisors, and maintaining records. Providing companionship is an important part of a Nursing Assistant’s job.
A sample cover letter for Nursing Assistant should highlight the following qualifications:
- Basic clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Infection control
- Health promotion
- Bedside manners and empathy
- A caring personality
- Effective communication
- Stamina and physical fitness
Below is displayed an example Nursing Assistant cover letter showcasing similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nursing Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Park:
As a skilled Nursing Assistant with experience providing services to a wide variety of patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist Sunny Day in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
From testing blood pressure and monitoring vitals to assisting patients with daily hygienic tasks and performing light housekeeping duties, my dedication to providing vital assistance to diverse patients and improving their quality of life positions me to excel in this role. Documenting patient information, communicating with cross-functional staff, and delivering comprehensive support to nursing staff are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Interacting with patients to manage expectations and ensure continuity of care while providing critical support in areas such as meal preparation, bathing/grooming, exercise, transportation, and companionship.
- Utilizing thorough knowledge of medical conditions and services to assist in delivering medications, treatments, and procedures to patients.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of nursing practices, laws, regulations, and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrating outstanding time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
With my expertise in supporting care and treatment for a variety of patient types, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your nursing team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications further. Thank you for your consideration.
Josette B. Sedgwick